Should you have cheat meals?

young-female-with-finger-near-lips-with-pizza-box--HNX8S5J (1)
Nutrition & Lifestyle

Should you have cheat meals?

The 80-20 Rule

The basic idea of the 80-20 rule is very simple.
In order to be healthy and balanced, you don’t always have to make 100% of the time healthy food choices.

80% is enough. The remaining 20% you can choose less healthy foos and indulge yourself.

80% Healthy

To fully benefit from the plan, make sure that your 80% days contain a variety of nutrient-rich foods such as:

  • Whole grains
  • Fruits and Vegetables
  • Lean Proteins
  • Low-fat Dairy Products

20% Healthy

On your 20% days, you might choose to consume foods that are higher in fat, but portion control and moderation are still important.

  • Saturated Fats
  • Refined Carbohydrates and Sugar
  • Processed Foods
  • Fizzy Drinks

Don’t feel guilty

It’s okay to eat unhealthy sometimes as long as you balance it out with healthy meals.

Don’t be too hard on yourself and deprive yourself too much. Life is too short 🙂 

Leave your thoughts here